Of course, everyone knows by now that I’m doing lots of crafting for grandbaby number 6! Here of 2 new Rainbow Felt Balls I’ve made for the little Peanut. Following the pattern for Felt Baby Balls which can be found HERE, I made one in bright, primary colors, and the other with more subdued rainbow colors. Each are beautiful and each will be well loved, I know.
There are several differences between these balls and our previous TUTORIAL.
- For these, I used 100% wool felt and stuffed them with wool roving.
- Obviously, I made other color choices. In the original TUTORIAL only used 2 different colors of felt, whereas in these, I used 6 different colors for each ball.
- I did not add a decorative stitch along each seam. I left them plain.
- I did not add a jingle bell to the insides.
- And, finally, I did not use a sewing machine to sew these together. Instead, I used very small backstitches to sew them together. In the end, I believe they will be just as sturdy as the machine stitched balls.
So, even if you don’t have a sewing machine, there’s no excuse not to sew some of these up to the wee ones in your life!
The tutorial for the Felt Balls can be found HERE.
The tutorial on How to Cut Out Felt can be found HERE.
The Stitching Glossary can be found HERE.